"Chords of life is a collection of some real life situations of a teenager written in poetry form. Reader can easily relate them with his. The use of vocabulary is very simple which is easily understandable. This consists of some experience which one must have experienced in one's life. One can find the perception of an adolescent, his sufferings and all. You can try to understand his or her feelings through this book.
So, we have a conversation with Saanchi Goel about her debut book. Read below what she says about 'Chords of Life'.
1. How long have you been writing or when did you start?
Ans. It's been 3 years of my writing. I started writing to impress my teacher. And gradually it became a passion for me. I started penning down my feelings rather it be excitement, happiness or sadness.
2. What poem of the book did you have the hardest time writing?
Ans. I started writing when I was in 9th standard . During that year me and my best buddy was trolled by our classmates which really broke me and I penned my feelings resulted in the formation of my poem "WHAT IF".
3. How did you come up with the title for your book?
Ans. When I was asked for the title of my book During the publication process, I really thought a lot about it. Then I came up with 4 options and out of that I choose "CHORDS OF LIFE". Because this completely defines the inside content.
4. Did you force yourself to write any poem for this book or did all the poems come to you naturally?
Ans. I'm a writer of soul. I jot down my feelings on the paper. I can't write so well on any given topic. What I write is what I feel. So, I haven't written any poem forcibly.
5. What was your most and least favourite part of publishing journey?
Ans. The most interesting, joyful and favorite part was selecting the cover of my book , it was a dream moment for me. The least interesting and favorite was Checking the changes made by editor.
6. What do you think is the best way to improve writing skills?
Ans. What I personally believe is that the more a person reads the more it enhances the writing and thinking ability.
7. Are you open to feeedbacks ? If yes, how do you deal with negative feedbacks?
Ans. I welcome all the feedbacks whole heartedly. I learn from these and improve myself. I believe in Saint Kabir's thought "निंदक नियरे राखिए, ऑंगन कुटी छवाय, बिन पानी, साबुन बिना, निर्मल करे सुभाय।"
8. Which is your favourite poem from 'Chords of Life'?
Ans. The most favorite poem of my book is "MY SAD STORY" and "THE LAST JOURNEY OF MY LIFE ". These poems are associated with me and my feelings deeply.
9. Who has been the biggest supporter of your writing?
Ans. As I mentioned before that I started writing to impress my teacher Ms.Heena Kaush and she is the only one who supported me to write. And after that my parents supported me to publish it.
10. Has writing and publishing a book changed the way you see yourself?
Ans. Definitely it changed my perspective for me. Now I can see myself at a level where many wants to be at.
You can grab this book from Amazon: https://www.amazon.in/Chords-life-Saanchi-Goel/dp/B08TCL8SBS/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Chords+of+Life&qid=1631611203&sr=8-1